Below are the Top 10 Reasons why this is more than just a cleaning.
It’s your life and life is better with teeth!
10. We make you look and feel better. Healthy teeth and gums are more attractive plus they help you to enjoy the food you eat. Recent studies show that the first thing people notice is your smile and that people who are proud of their smile are more confident and successful.
9. We can relieve your headaches. During your hygiene visit we evaluate your mouth for serious bite issues, many of which lead to muscle soreness, headaches and migraines.
8. We check for oral cancer. Oral cancer kills 1 person per hour 24 hours a day. In fact, the death rate for oral cancer is higher than cancers we routinely hear about such as cervical, thyroid ad skin cancer.
7. We make you smell better. During your routine hygiene visit we eliminate many of the germs that live under your gum tissue and cause bad breath.
6. We save you money. By utilizing the latest dental technology (digital x-rays, mouth cameras and magnification glasses) we can help with early detection of tooth and gum problems and save you the cost of gum surgery and implants.
5. We clean in places you cannot. We clean under the gum line and between teeth where most of the germs hide and cause dental disease. 40% of the bacteria in your mouth lives in between your teeth.
4. We prevent pain. We identify tooth decay that can lead to nerve involvement and pain, root canal and tooth loss.
3. We save your teeth. Most tooth loss is from periodontal/gum disease. At each visit we evaluate the health of your gums and bone with the help of our periodontal screening. Periodontal disease like high blood pressure, is symptomless until it is in advanced stages.
2. We protect your loved ones. Studies have proven that the bacteria that causes dental disease can be transmitted from person to person. Think about that the next time you kiss someone.
1. We prolong life. Researchers have linked the inflammation and infection found in the mouth to heart attacks, strokes and Alzheimer’s. By reducing infection in your mouth we can greatly improve your overall health.
There are countless other reasons to see The DC Dentist staff but most of all we are here to help you have Healthy Teeth & Gums for Life. And life is better with teeth!