As a healthcare facility it is our duty to ensure that we keep germs down to a minimum. As in accordance with the health codes The DC Dentist takes measures to keep our facility clean as we spray the air as well as wipe down all surface areas in the rooms where patients are seen as well as continue to wash our hands with soap and water before and after seeing each patient. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed and to take preventive measures. However, as a reminder, the Center for Disease Control recommends some everyday preventive actions to avoid the spread of respiratory diseases:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds multiple times a day, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when feeling sick.
These are everyday habits that can help prevent the spread of several viruses. Check with the CDC for specific guidance for travelers.
Let’s work together to maintain good health from head to toe.
The DC Dentist Team