We’re Celebrating National Dental Hygienist Week. It is from April 4-10th. Have you ever wondered what your Hygienist does? Or what to expect when you visit your favorite Holistic Dentist?
First let’s hear what our patients are saying about our wonderful Hygienist, Nazila:
Patient 1: I love this place! If you’re looking for a dental experience without all the traditional hype, dental trauma and scare tactics ie “you need fluoride” look no further..Dr Nazila has a loving mother approach to your dental hygiene which I value above all.
Patient 2: Dr. Nazila was amazing. Calm, gentle, and thorough with my cleaning. Thanks
Patient 3: Dr. Nazila is super AMAZING! She truly cares about your gum health and puts you first! Thank you for caring so much and helping me understand that my health matters most! I’m all smiles!
Even though Nazila is not a doctor, many of her patients feel she is just like their doctor showing much care and concern for their health. What exactly does a Dental Hygienist do you ask? There are quite a few things, here is a short list:
- Take x-rays of your mouth
- Perform Oral Cancer exam
- Review your medical/dental history
- Discuss good oral hygiene routines
- Give anesthesia
- Place sealants
- Remove tartar from your teeth and under your gums
- Document about your appointment
What can you expect at your next dental appointment?
- Discussion of proper brushing/flossing techniques
- Discuss impact of nutrition and proper hygiene on your teeth and mouth
- Recommendations for oral care products
Mouth Rinse without alcohol
Mouth Guard if involved in sports or if grinding teeth at night
Give you a goodie bag with brush, floss, rinse, etc.
- Check for Gum Disease
- Check for Oral Cancer
- Check for diseases that can show up in your mouth
- Look for abnormalities in your mouth
Schedule Your Next Appointment
We look forward to seeing you at The DC Dentist. Our team looks forward to helping you maintain your oral and overall health. If you have any questions or would like to schedule your next visit, please reach out to us! You may call or text us at 202-544-3626 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.